• Home
  • Featured
  • Man electrocuted while reconnecting electricity cable in Benue
Featured

Man electrocuted while reconnecting electricity cable in Benue

A 26-year-old electrician identified as Humble Paul, was electrocuted to death in Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State while reconnecting electric cables disconnected by power officials over non payment of bill. 

The incident occurred Sunday evening, March 28, at Ede Ai-agbenu community in Okpoga when some persons contacted the deceased to reconnect their wires for a pastry sum of N400. 

According to a resident of Ai-agbenu village, power was restored while Paul was carrying out his duty on the top of the electric pole with his body resting on the wires. He was electrocuted and died instantly.

It was gathered that the electrician had climbed the electric pole without hand gloves or any protective jackets.

Related posts

Decision to ban open grazing is irreversible and will be enforced – Gov Akeredolu replies Malami

theKorrespondent

The North has paid a huge price over incompetence of President Buhari’s administration – NEF spokesperson, Baba-Ahmed

theKorrespondent

FG budgets N104bn to maintain and purchase generators in 2022

theKorrespondent

Leave a Comment

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More